Sunday, January 20, 2008

Welcome to Syouth Efrica, ESKOM-style

When coffee time rolled round on Vince's first real morning in South Africa, we had a power outage. One of many scheduled and unscheduled rolling brownouts to preserve what's left of our ailing grid before it is fixed in, er, 5-10 years' time.


So.

I hauled out an ancient paraffin stove and Selina showed me how to light it without singeing my eyebrows. Bialetti pot plus Illy plus flame plus hot milk = pretty good coffee. We had it on the patio with Andre Khamel, below...

Where's my milk, man?

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Estorbo, "I" will not forget you. You're still the one and only step-cat for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.