Monday, August 24, 2009

Mexican heirloom tomatoes

The tiny tomatoes upon their rusty, wrought iron tower are growing and growing...

I snack on them when I am watering the terrace, and looking up at the open sky above that I love so much. I am beginning to panic about not finding a new place like this.

It is tiny, but light-filled. I would like another pocket in the sky. We've been looking at garden apartments, which are a different animal. Looked down upon by others, and darker.

I stood in the rain on the terrace yesterday and got wet, and felt my heart break in my panic spell, and a rainbow came out over Brooklyn.

Then we barbecued, made a salad with the tomatoes, and watched a movie while the cat begged for tidbits.

1 comment:

  1. the salad looks just delicious. we had a fabulous tomato garden, seeds from Petoranello, Italy, in central New Jersey but it just isn't hot enough in the East Bay (cali). so your melding of plants, cooking and sharing -- with fellow eaters and us -- is nostalgic and very generous

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.