Friday, August 5, 2011

Margaritas

Photo: Vincent Mounier

I stole these pictures from the Frenchman.

While Ariana cooked up a delicious storm in the kitchen of her parents' house on Fire Island last weekend, Vince and I sat outside for half an hour, sipping these.


Then we moved back in to deal with the wreckage that follows in that tornado-cook's culinary wake.

There is only one way to make good Margaritas, and that is with good ingredients. I did not measure. But I have a dead eye on the spot. Decent Tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, much ice; shake like the blazes, a whisper of salt on the rim, pour.

One Margarita:

1 part Cointreau
2 parts lime juice
4 parts good Tequila

Shake up with a ton of ice.

Happy weekend, world.

This evening we are off to Frank's Beach Farm for a barbecue. Now I must go to find some burrata for his fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes...

3 comments:

  1. Margarita - hands down my favorite cocktail (or is it a mixed drink?) and what a gorgeous photo of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have the same recipe - none of that way-too-sweet sugar syrup. I use 1.5 oz tequila, .5 oz. Cointreau, and 1 oz. fresh lime juice per drink. If you convert to tablespoons, it's 1,2,3! (I have a tiny measuring "cup" with both scales, so it's easy peasy!)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning photo and am going to try this margarita recipe. Sounds like I would like it and I love the simpleness.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.