Friday, March 8, 2013

Snowfall


All is quiet on the terrace front. But it's been a busy week. Publishing meetings, and then visiting Martha Central yesterday: very interesting, seeing the enormous space for Martha's empire. Its footprint occupies an entire city block; the photo studios, bright white editorial offices - the beautiful layouts for next year's magazine editions already up on walls of editors' offices.  Test kitchens, props room, views over the Hudson....

The hour chatting live on Martha Live with Stephen Orr flew by. I may have laughed too much and perhaps I developed a nervous twitch for 15 seconds, but it was a lot of fun and Stephen made it very easy. I walked south afterwards on the High Line, one of about six people on it, in a light and wet snow. The buds of Viburnum (probably "Mohawk", or similar) are about to break, and the witch hazels were in bloom.

I was up till the wee hours buried in bright Post It notes, and sent off my book pages via messenger this morning (cold, wet messenger in wet snow), wee, wee, wee back to Manhattan. There are some more photos to finalize and that is today's task, along with a garden consultation in the East Village. I'll wear snow boots.

Somebody, somewhere, enjoy some après-ski for me.

12 comments:

  1. Marie, You did a great job on the radio yesterday. I so enjoy your blog posts and really enjoyed being able to put a voice with the face. (And I didn't think you laughed too much) Keep up the great work. I enjoy 66 Sq. Feet so much and am anxiously awaiting the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic experience. And congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie - Can those of us who missed you on the radio find your talk online? I've been searching but can't find anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one has to subscribe, Marsha - I'm a bit of a dimwit when it comes to satellite radio, but let me ask, as it's a good question.

      Delete
  4. But laughing is one of your graces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should I fear the freeze/thaw cycle and its possible detrimental effect on your beautiful pots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. They've been rolling with the punches of years. I do lose one, occasionally, and it's a pain to change out a large one - but it's rare.

      Delete
  6. I guess I have become faint-hearted with the luxury of beautiful ceramic and even lead pots living here in the upper Midwest as I do. We all hoard away our beauties six months of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceramic is quite different. They're glazed? But yes, I have no experience of Midwestern permafrost :-)

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed listening to you on the show today on Martha Stewart Gardening hour. I was driving home to Salem, Oregon from Seattle, Washington. Looking forward to following your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.